The process to protect your applications is usually long, complex and tedious.
In this article you will find all the information to effectively protect your code in less than 5 minutes with Dotnetsafer Shield.
Since we don’t want to waste time, let’s get to the point …
1. Login or create an account
The first step you need to do is log into your Dotnetsafer account using the method of your choice.
To log in you can do it at: https://my.dotnetsafer.com/login/
But if you don’t have an account yet, you can register here:
We advise you to create a project to share the dependencies between all the updates and save the settings only once, but if you don’t want to create a project you can go directly to step 3.
2. Create your project
Once inside your panel you must enter the Shield section where you will find the button “Add Project” or “Create my first project” if you still do not have any project.
After selecting the desired option, once inside the option to create a project, you must complete the required fields:
- Project’s name
- Project expiration time
- Choose if you want to apply it to dependencies
- Choose the type of project
Once the process is complete, the project will be created:
3. Load your application
To start protecting your .NET and .NET CORE application, you must enter your project.
As you can see, a tab will open with the settings of your project and another called ¨Upload applications¨ where by clicking on the ¨Application¨ button you can upload your file to proceed to protect it.
When your application has been uploaded, within your panel on the right side you must click on ¨Protect application¨
Once you are inside you can choose between:
- Select a project and the application that you want to protect.
- Continue without a project and upload only the application you want to protect.
4. Start protecting
When you have chosen one of the previous options, the next step is to proceed to protect your application:
- Drag the protections you want to apply and click the continue button. If you are not familiar with the different protections we offer, you can find more information in our documentation https://dotnetsafer.com/docs
- In the next tab of ¨Exclusions¨ you can exclude the methods, types, interfaces, etc. that you do not want to protect, or on the contrary select the only ones you want to protect. (As long as your edition allows it)
- Once the previous steps have been completed, click on the ¨Protect¨ button and let our program take care of the whole process.
- When Shield has finished the protection process, you are ready to download your most secure application.